When you buy a new NETGEAR router, by default the username is ‘admin’, while the password is ‘password’. Because the settings are the same on all NETGEAR routers, it is important to update the password. Setting a NETGEAR router password is a quick but important process. Before proceeding, it is important to know how important it is to change the password on your NETGEAR router.
Why do you need to change the password on the NETGEAR router?
- Default passwords are designed to give you easy access to the user and can be changed after the final setup.
- If these passwords can be easily cracked, if the router enters the network of attackers, they can gain access to your router’s settings.
- An attacker can block your router from using it.
- After receiving access, you can change the router settings and access the data of your devices.
- Unauthorized access can even be used to insert viruses and malware into your network.
To prevent such an error on the NETGEAR router, you must change the password after completing the final setup of the router.
How to change the NETGEAR router password?
- Launch a web browser from your device and visit routerlogin.net
- You will be redirected to the login window.
- Enter your username and password.
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- You now have access to the HOME PAGE.
- Select ADVANCED and then MANAGEMENT.
- Click on SET PASSWORD under ADMINISTRATION.
- Enter the required data (old and new password).
- To reset your password in the future, click “Enable password reset.” Click “Apply” to save the settings.
If your password has changed, you can configure the network name (SSID). This can be done using the following steps:
- On the HOME PAGE, select WIRELESS.
- Enter the new network name in the “SSID” field.
- Enter a new password in the “Network password” field.
- Click “Apply” to save the settings.
Contact our service
If you are unsure of how to resolve a problem with your Netgear setup then click here routerlogin.net, you should contact our Netgear Customer Support for assistance with all types of assistance. Our Netgear experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to solve any type of problem. If you are not satisfied with the call, select the Netgear Live chat option, where our experts will call you back.