Welcome to this simple guide to help you fix your Netgear wireless router. If your Netgear wireless router stops working, then this information is just what you need.
Just start with basic troubleshooting on your Netgear wireless router www.routerlogin.net.
Common troubleshooting issue to the Netgear router.
You do not need to reset the Netgear wireless router to resolve the Netgear issue. Try these steps and consider resetting the router as a last resort. You’ll be surprised to know that most router connection issues can be resolved by performing a simple startup or power cycle.
• Restart the Internet modem and router. Unplug the router and modem power cord and wait 10 seconds before plugging it in again. Restart your computer.
• Wait 1 minute and find the Internet light on the modem and router. If you see an Internet light on the modem, it means that the modem is OK and that you have Internet from your ISP’s website.
Test your Internet –
• Connect the computer to the modem with an Ethernet cable … Are you confused Yehhh? Let us explain – look at the cable from the modem to the Internet port on the router. Disconnect this cable from the router and plug it into your laptop or desktop computer.
• After connecting with a cable, be sure to turn off the wireless router and restart the computer and modem.
• Now, if you restart your computer, try using the Internet with your computer, because it works to clean up some things, such as = modem, computer, and Ethernet cable. All three components are fine.
• If the test fails, you can contact your ISP OR customer support and repair the Internet.
Reset Your Netgear router –
Netgear Customer Service If these steps and tests do not respond and you still receive your Netgear router without an Internet connection, then we think it is time to reset the Netgear Wireless router using a hard or soft reset.
First, follow these steps for a soft reset –
- Connect your computer to a Netgear wireless router.
- Enter this default gateway web address and log in to the Netgear router settings console
- May require username and password Use these variants- Username- admin, Password = admin, Username- admin, Password = password.